Friday, July 3, 2009

Celtic Stories - Wednesday 7/1/09

I had dinner at the Front Door (its a bar not a random door somewhere) with my roommates and a friend. After which, I headed down to the Cottage Bar to hear Rab Swannock Fulton tell Celtic Stories for 10 euros.


This is the Cottage Bar. Its in the lower Salthills, which according to an older Irishman who spoke with me at the bay, its one of the oldest parts of Galway.



This is story teller Rab Swannock Fulton. He's actually from Scotland but tells both Irish and Scottish stories. The stories he told were funny, gross, disturbing and highly entertaining. This isn't actually a picture I took, as I didn't want to set my flash to go off. However Brenda asked another girl to take this photo (she was sitting in more advantageous spot), and the flash went off. Rab made quite a show of this, holding is eyes and screaming loudly. Tee hee. He was quite funny. And I got the picture without having to actually take it, which was awesome. And its a great expression of his story telling too. (if you are interested in Rab Fulton's Bio here it is http://geygallus.com/rabsbio.aspx)


Some of the GMU folks at the Celtic Tales.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the lovely write up about the show. I actually had a couple of people at this week's, who'd read yir blog - so that was great. I was wondering if i could take a wee quote from yir blog to add to the comments in www.myspace.com/rabswannockfulton Also the next show on wed 22nd is going to be an evening of very dark tales - very dark folklore and urban myths and murder tales from Ireland and Scotland. If yiz are still in Galway yi might enjoy that. Other news, the broadcast date for the RTE 'Nationwide' feature on my Celtic Tales storytelling sessions is Friday 24th July. If you miss the broadcast, don't worry. After transmission it will then be put on RTE's website at http://www.rte.ie/news/nationwide Thanks again for coming to the show. Keep in touch - Rab :-) rabful@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete