Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Gaelic Class

I had my first Gaelic class on Monday. It went by super fast. We went over two pages of Gaelic. The other Gaelic class only went over one page. Apparently I have the fast paced teacher. Gaelic isn’t pronounced the way it looks on the page. Consequently I was trying to write both the meaning of the Gaelic and the phonetic spelling of it. As the teacher was going quite quick this only worked so-so. Luckily my “language partner” has attended Gaelic classes before and kept helping me out. This class isn’t for a grade (I don’t think I could take it if it was). I did enjoy myself even though it was a bit overwhelming. Other students departing from class looked their brains had exploded. I have a feeling there will be a smaller attendance on Wednesday, but what the heck, I’m going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment