Saturday, July 25, 2009

Maynooth, Kildare

Right now I am staying in Maynooth University in Kildare. Its beautiful here. I also toured the Maynooth Castle yesterday which is the old Fitzgerald home. Not too much left of the castle anymore.

There seems to be an extreme lack of public transportation in Kildare, which is unfortunate since that is where my family is from. I hate to say it, but you really need a car to see Kildare. And that I don't have nor do I want to try driving on the opposite side of the road.

In my continued research for family roots I have found the contact information for St.Mary's. Peter Killian (not really sure how he is related but my cousin Debbie knows, probably a Great Great Uncle if I had to guess) worked as a superintendent in 1863 on the construction of St. Mary's.

Broadford, St Mary's
Co. Kildare
Telephone:046-9551203
Email: balynaparish@eircom.net

No comments:

Post a Comment