Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Salt Hills

Not real sure where to begin. Brenda and I went out to the Salt hills on Friday (6/3/09). We walked probably 8 hours that day. We found several small beaches. The water was green, black, blue and gorgeous. I don’t think all the colors of the water came out in my pictures but the sky turned out wonderful. The sand was white. The sea had a good amount of seaweed floating about and on the shore. Farmers back in the day use to break rocks, mix it with seaweed and use that for soil.






The picture below, I am on the same sand pile as the one above. I have no idea why the pile of sand was there, but it was super fun to climb!


We saw a wedding party and I took a few pictures of them. The bridesmaids had vibrant blue dresses on and it matched their blue car. They came down to take pictures to take pictures by the sea shore.


I took a few pictures my self and caught quite by accident “a moment”. Turns out one of the people in the GMU program knows the happy couple and was at their reception. So hopefully she will forward the few pictures I took.

After that we walked as close as we could to the “light house”. I assume it’s a light house anyway. There was a point where a sign forbid anyone who did not work there to not go any further. It was a really long bridge across the waters.

We found the aquarium, I have to actually go when it is open. We wondered around the gift shop some. Got some ice cream because the ice cream in Ireland tastes so much richer than the ice cream in the US. Wish I could bring some home but ice cream soup just isn’t the same. These giant ice creams cones are pretty much in every Irish town I have been to. I am always quite happy to see them.


We also found the Salt hill hotel. This is important because its where Trad on the Prom is performing. More on that later.


Then we went back to Galway city. I ended up picking up a pigeon that was in the book store window because he was panicked and no one was helping find the way out. So after I put the poor bird down (who I had felt his little heart racing), this little child ran up out of no where and scared it away. The good news is the bird flew and didn’t die of a heart attack. Poor thing.




These are a few pretty shots of Salthill. These were all taken the same day. The weather continually changed from sunny to rain.






Yes, I drew that in the sand. Love you Robin! Now Ireland knows that too :)


We kicked this wall because we know there is "a wall" that you are suppose to kick in salthill to prolong your life. I hope this was the right wall, otherwise, we just kicked a random wall for no good reason :\


Ireland wind makes for wonderful "angry" hair shots. The rocks I am standing on are completely covered in high tide.


This is a lovely photo, I climbed up on some slippery rocks to get it!




This is me climbing on the rocks for the picture above.

No comments:

Post a Comment