Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dublin

I'm back in Dublin! I'm staying in a hostel. Its one of the best hostels in Dublin, or at least it has that reputation. I honestly wouldn't know since its my first one. I'm sharing a room with three other people. In two days I've had two completely different sets of people. Tomorrow promises the same unless they don't sell out and I get the room to myself (here's hoping). The showers have the same set up as the ones in the Maynooth. Which I'm not particularly fond of. You know those sinks where you press down to get water and it slowly comes up and stops the water? That's how these showers work. There is NO way to adjust the temperature, and you have to keep pressing throughout your shower. In Maynooth I showered during a low demand for shower time- which meant the water was way too hot and I practically burnt my head trying to wash my hair. I haven't been brave enough to shower here yet, but I will tomorrow in between roommate changes. I have to repack my bags tomorrow for the airport too.

Since Monday in Dublin I've rambled around Saint Stephen's Green, toured the Yeats exhibit at the National Library, toured the Art Gallery, took the 1916 Easter Rebellion tour (and got a signed book, and saw the bullet holes at the old post office), toured the Garden of Remembrance, and toured Dublin Castle. I also went to see the bog bodies again. I've walked up and down the Temple Bar area and got the best icecream there.

I've been pretty busy and I'm really tired from all the walking I've been doing. My legs don't hurt anymore. The first two days in Galway my legs just ached, but I've got rather use to all this rambling.

I'm going to miss Ireland when I leave, but I will be glad to be getting home to Robin.

(I'll probably post pictures of Dublin and Maynooth after I get home, I'm a bit too tired to mess with it right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment